23 September 2007

As in a dream

The exterior of the house (red w/ white trim and black door)
Our lot (the huge pile of dirt behind the park)
I opted for the 5inch straight trim and baseboards like the model (this will be the boys playroom, across from the kitchen and next to the family room)
Bathroom fixtures will be brushed nickel in this style, kitchen and bathrooms will be linen colored shaker doors with light carmel counter tops (just nice laminate for now)
Our really nice carpet and ugly but durable linoleum floors (we will put in probably bamboo flooring next year) The linoleum will be laid throughout the first floor and in bathrooms so we can more easily put down our bamboo or wood or tile right over it!
Well I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Utah to chose EVERYTHING for our new house. Luckily and thankfully my mom was able to come out and meet me there so we had a "girls day" which never happens! It was so great to be able to show my mom the house and get her advice on things that I hadn't considered. Joe and I are really excited about our choices, we are going to be living in the "big red barn" basically, and I'm stoked! I am keeping the inside very neutral so I can customize it with our furnishings. I tried to do the upgrades that made the most "quality" sense and then we will do some of the easier and cheaper things ourselves. Overall it was very surreal, I wish that I could just design places for people and get paid for it, it was invigorating. Anyways, enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Sheyb said...

How exciting!! :) One word of advice... don't do Bamboo!!!! My parents did Bamboo floor in their house in California, and they really regretted it. It dents REALLY easy. Angelina would drop a toy and the floor would dent. It's a soft wood.
Anyway. haha. So glad you got a girls day with your mom! How awesome! Glad to get to see what the fixtures and things are going to look like. ;)

Katie said...

Ricci - SO fun! It all looks awesome! I especially love the 5-inch trim.