12 August 2008
If I had a nickel
It's really funny but it seems that to have eclectic taste that looks "thrown" together you have to have money. I tend to like things that are different then mainstream, you would think that this would mean I could get cheap finds but it seems that now the trend is to be odd. Does that make sense? I was flipping through a magazine and saw some yellow metal chairs that I loved, very retro looking and bright. So I go onto the website, named Design within Reach mind you, and there were the chairs, so great but $250 per chair! Design within reach, who's reach? I don't know many people who have that kind of extra money floating around for an accent metal dining chair. Anyways, it is just one of those things that I get frustrated about, you know somebody is making a ton of money on marking up this stuff and I just don't understand the greediness of it. Anyways, I'll continue to dream about yellow chairs and maybe pick up something at a garage sale and paint it yellow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
check Craigslist!! I've been looking for stuff to buy for cheap and then either refinish or paint cute to sell for more, just because I like to do it! (like dreaming of painting the nightstand black and white but not having anywhere to put it in my house--so I ended up with yellow!) I could have got good money for it black and white!!! So chic!
Do they have craigslist in Utah?
Yes they have craigslist, no Trader Joe's but craigslist, go figure!
Everywhere has Craigslist. ;) No Trader Joe's? Bummer. LOL! You know, we have a TJ's about 5 minutes from us, and I have not been once since we have lived here. All of a sudden I wonder why I need to go. The only thing that draws me in are the Promax Protein Bars. But, that's pretty much it. LOL.
Anyway. ;) I say garage sales, antique stores, and Craigslist are your best bet at finding metal chairs. :) I am a main streamer with my own added flair. LOL! I am really picky too, so it sometimes takes me months to find the perfect thing.
Good luck with the chair search!!
Know what? We have a "Design Within Reach" showroom about 5 minutes from our house. LOL! I have been checking out their website... the only wire chairs I saw for $250 were MINIATURES!! Yikes! The ones you could actually sit in were $1200 for a stool and $2100 for a chair. Not sure if this is the right website, though. ;)
Post a Comment