30 September 2009
Futbol
Miles is playing soccer this year against my better judgement. I played soccer for many years (like 9 years) and although Miles is ready for it the other kids his age are not. It has been fun for him, he is on the team with his best friend Noah but it is just hard because none of the kids seem to get it but him. I have been horse at the end of the games from just yelling simple clues (like "throw the ball to your team" on a throw in), their coach is a nice guy but I don't think he has played soccer in his life...it's sooo frustrating. I totally get why my parents waited until I was older to put me in the game. The funniest part is that Miles is the only one on his team that has scored, all the other parents are telling me "gosh he's so coordinated, has he played before?" To which I just laugh, we kick the ball around in the yard but that's it, the difference is I have a clue about how the game is played...Anways, I'm trying to just be patient and let them play (more like run around aimlessly). I think next year I will sign up to be a coach, might as well since I am yelling everything a coach normally would from the side line anyway! My friend Marie just keeps telling me, "Ricci, they're 4, they're only 4..." To which I say, "exactly, these poor kids don't have a clue, some one should be teaching them the game!" Ha! Ha! I never realised how competitive I was...(wink!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that's funny! You are the reason that here, through AYSO, it is structured the way it is for the U5 age group--it's just so they can get introduced to the fun of the game without the stress of competition yet! Hahaha!
Angelina started soccer this year too. She is SEVEN, and they are all clueless too. I agree with your friend, they are only Four! ha! My husband is coaching Angelina's team and he has Never played or coached soccer in his life. But, he is doing the best he can. I played soccer for several years, and tried out for HS soccer, but I don't really want to coach. I like just being mom and not being in charge. I would love for Zoe to play now. It would be hilarious to watch 3 year olds running around like crazy. As long as they are having fun, I don't care. They are enjoying themselves. Competitiveness can come later when she is older and more serious about it. But then again, she might decide not to play again after this, and that's ok with me. They are young let them enjoy it.
Oh, and Angelina had her first game last week, and her team lost 3-0. Just laugh it off. You are extremely competitive. LOL!
Post a Comment