10 September 2009

Look Who's 3!!

My parents came into town this past weekend for Eli's 3rd Birthday and we had a blast. We went to the Hogle Zoo for the 1st time, it was great by the way. Sunday we did Chuck E Jesus (Cheese's) for Elijah's birthday and then Monday we went to Skyline Ridge for some ATV action with the Hanlys. It was action packed and lots of fun, thanks mom and pop! I can't believe Elijah Cade is 3. Miles actually just started calling him Elijah Cade when he can't get his attention the first time, so funny (I must say it often enough for him to pick up on that). Eli is a riot, he keeps us on our toes in more ways than one and is loving and tender hearted while being feisty and passionate too. We have discovered that Eli is not easy going, he likes when things are predictable, sudden changes make him uncomfortable but as long as you give him a little bit of time he does great. A perfect example was on his birthday he woke up and I cheerfully said, "Happy Birthday Eli, today is your birthday, you're 3 today!" to which he said, "Mommy don't say that, I don't want to be 3, I'm 2!". It wasn't until I explained that he got to go to big class at church with brother and that he got to open all of the doors 1st today because it was his special day that he warmed up to the idea. See what I mean, change, any change, takes him a bit to get used to! We love our Eli to pieces, he is a wonderful kid and we are so blessed to have him in our lives, I love seeing the world through his 3 year old eyes!
Chuck E Cheese Sketch
Chocolate cake made by Omie, YUM!
Opening a BMX bike toy from brother!

5 comments:

Sheyb said...

Happy Birthday!!

Sara said...

So i was sitting here doing the math, and your little eli has now been in Utah longer than in CA. Sad, hmm? He was younger than Elena when you guys moved. Wow. Crazy. Averie's button jar is like 3 buttons away from being full, so we will probably be going to Chuck-e-cheese this weekend for the first time ever. We've been waiting until absolutely neccessary! (grin)
Happy birthday little Eli!

Sara said...

did you paint something BLUE in your dining room????

Ricci said...

Ha! This was our 1st time ever to Chuck E Cheeses too, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! The piece in the dining room that is blue needs to be painted...I got it that way and I haven't decided what color to paint it. I'm thinking eggplant...

Sara said...

so we went this morning--i would recommend to anyone to go at 9 am on a Sunday morning before church!! It was awesome--we didn't even eat there--just used a coupon for our tokens and didn't even spend them all! It was fun.
Is eggplant your color of the season (grin)? I just painted my kitchen on Friday (the walls) charcoal. I'll post pics soon--the cabinets are not done, i was just taking a break!