05 February 2010

Random Crafts

I've been in the sewing/crocheting mood the past few days and I thought I'd share the projects.

I finished crocheting my first little bootie. I have to make the other one and make the little buckle top for it but I was excited I got this far, only took about 3 hours (seemed short to me but I'm sure if you crochet a lot you could do one in 45 min.)!

We needed a draft guard for our basement door but all the ones I found were ugly. I made this one using foam pipe insulators and extra fabric I had laying around. Works great!

Now that Levi is bigger I had to take off the bumper to his crib which left his bed looking very boring. I found this crib sheet at Target and turned it into a comforter for him with a little batting and brown fleece (I wanted the raised dot chenille but it wasn't on sale). I love the way it turned out!
So that's a bit of what I've been up to in my spare time, along with having MOPS and BBS this week I'm feeling pretty productive!!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love the draft "thing" for the door. You are very creative. I would have never thought to make one on your own. I need to learn how to sew. Are you self-taught?

Sara said...

very nice my crafty friend--looks like you've been in a "mood" lately! I love it!!! Are the little booties going to be for Levi or a gift? I'm impressed! :)