24 May 2010

Stress Release

I was talking to my mom last night and we were talking about how each one of us has something that we do as a stress release that rejuvenates us so we can handle the chaos of our lives with an ounce of sanity. For her right now it is gardening, for me it is crafting and designing. I have this part of me that knows I should be doing other things but I feel something building up inside of me and if I don't let it out I fear what I might become (a crazy person). Whenever I am stressed I just leave the mess of life and enjoy an afternoon of quick and easy crafts or projects that can be done in a few hours. I was able to pull the big boys room together with this great pic I found at Target on one of those days. I let the boys pick out their own duvets at Ikea and then I had the lovely task of making it all work together in their room. I was on the hunt and I was so happy when I found this great piece of art that totally works! The pic below is from a post about a post on my friend Robin's blog. I loved the idea and picked up a few cheap frames and scrapbooking paper and with my trusty glue gun I came up with what you see. Both rooms now have a more "completed" feeling about them and I am feeling at peace with my world once again. Now you know my secret, when you see a crafty post you can guess how stressful my week has been....very!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Very cute, Ricci! I really like that picture.

Sara said...

I just saw that picture--very cute! For me it's cleaning--I feel like my whole life is out of control if the house is a mess--I reach my breaking point and then have Brian take the girls away so i can have a few hours to clean up--THEN I get crafty! (grin) But I need the order before I can create.... :) But I'm being crafty today! ;)

Sara said...

so i'm realizing it's gardening for me too...(grin!)