04 October 2010

Catching Up- Eli's B-day

Elijah Cade turned 4 years old on Sept. 6th! We had my parents in town and took him to Chuck E Cheese's (we've convinced the kids that you can only go there on your b-day, very special for them). I can't believe Eli is 4 already! Where does the time go. Eli loves Buzz Lightyear, we got him the "doll" or whatever you want to call it for his special present and he LOVES him. Sleeps with him every night and he rides in the car with us on most days too. Eli loved having his Omie and Opa here for his special day too. My mom and dad got him a few great gifts too, he loves this buzz computer thing that my mom found, it has a few learning games on it and he loves the spelling one. He'll bring it in the car and from the back I'll hear him saying things like "tree has 2 e's at the end of it, that's pretty tricky", so funny and impressive! Eli is very intelligent, gets him into trouble sometimes because he tries to outwit his authority figures, but he blows me away with his reasoning skills. He started pre-school this year, 3 mornings a week and is really enjoying it. He struggles with pronounciation of quite a few of his sounds so we finally have him in speech therapy which he loves and is helping. He is my most spirited child and a born leader. I know God has big plans for his life I am just trying to teach Eli to submit to his authority figures right now (me, Joe, his teachers, etc.) so that he will one day be willing to submit to God's authority in his life. I take this charge very seriously as a parent, it is exhausting some days but I pray all my endurance and effort pays off in the fruit of his life! He is funny and sweet, very tender toward those in need whether young or old and we can't imagine our family without him! Happy belated b-day to my little man!!!

No comments: