12 December 2007

Goals

I'm hesitant in writing this post because I know that a lot of people struggle with their weight and I don't want to sound boastful or proud, but here it goes. It's funny how as women we are so secretive about our weight even though it's kind of there for everyone to see anyway. And really what does it matter, weight is not related to your integrity or heart for people or love for Christ, so why do we care? That answer for me is that I want to feel good about myself so that I can be more confident in sharing my life with others for Christ. I find myself shying away if I don't feel physically good, I don't want to be skinny, just strong! With that said, I finally, after 15months mind you, have reached my goal weight after having 2 babies! I was waiting for it to be a consistent number on the scale, not just a fluke thing every once in a while and I actually lost one more pound than my goal, a small cushion if you will! It was the first time in my life that weight was even an issue. I could always eat whatever I wanted and I never gain weight but after Eli was born I just couldn't get those last few pounds off. I went to my parents in Aug. and my mom had an accurate scale, I stepped on and was shocked at what I still weighed. I starting putting an effort in and paying attention to what I eat, not easy for someone who LOVES french fries, well anything fried really, oh and milkshakes! I also started doing little toning exercises in the mornings, abs and arms one day, legs and toosh the next. Seriously, not more than 10min. of toning a day pays off. I won't say that my body is back to perfect by any means and I still am not totally happy with my tummy area but I am so glad to have met my goal with the scale! Since Aug. I have lost 9 lbs. without really going on a diet or adding a full on exercises plan. I just subtracted moderately from my diet and added minimally to my activity. The craziest thing is that before I had a goal set I ate whatever I felt like at that moment, now I think, "it will be a week before that shows up on the scale and another week to get it off, is "this" really worth all that"? I never thought I would be one of those people but I guess it's just a part of life! Everything in moderation is the best motto in my opinion(thanks mom), and paying attention to serving sizes listed on the package is another. Thanks for sharing in my small success's!

3 comments:

Sara said...

THROW AWAY THE SCALE!!!!

Katie said...

CONGRATS Ricci! You do look amazing!!! ;) That is really awesome.

Sheyb said...

Congrats Ric! That's awesome! I know what you mean about weight, and things! It will be a while yet before I meet my goal weight, but I am working hard! :) Good for you! Doesn't it feel good? Now do a victory dance! haha!