03 December 2007

Warm Throwback

Ignore the stained carpet!!
I clipped out a new to me, old idea from a Martha Stewart Mag. the other month and just finished my first one. I am in the Christmas concert at our church and the wardrobe is a bit strange to me but they said accesories are welcome. I decided to make this no knit scarf (macrame) with that in mind and I really enjoyed making it. It was basically a series of square knots on 4 groupings of 3 strands of yarn per group. Hard to explain but easy to do! Whole thing took maybe 45 min. start to finish! I was coming up with all sorts of variations to it in the shower this morning, it's where I get all my ideas (maybe because it my only alone time during the day)! For those of you looking for a cheap, easy gifts for the women on your list this is it! I realise my whole family reads this, this isn't the gift I'm doing for you gram or mom, no worries!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Great idea! Email me your address and I'll drop the rubbermaid containers off for you this week. My husband is getting ready to throw them out but I'd rather give them to you for packing!

Sheyb said...

Cute!!! Might make a great belt too!! I love that my friends are crafty too!

The Weaver Family said...

Ricci - I'm coming out on Fri & will be at church this Sun. Which service do you go to? I think my parents go to early service. It would be fun to see Miles & Izzy in the same class.

Ricci said...

Cool Katch~
I think we'll go to the 11am service, we normally go to the Sat night but there isn't one this week! It would be great to see you!