19 May 2009

8 HOURs

I put little man down last night at 11pm and woke up this morning at 7am and he was still sleeping! Not bad for 4 weeks...I was able to get dressed and ready before he woke up, it was great. Not expecting a repeat performance tonight but it was nice!
I was at a MOPS thing last night and my friend that had a little girl the day before I had Levi was there and we were talking. She doesn't put her babies on a schedule, she feeds and lets her daughter sleep whenever. What's funny is she is very type A personality and yet she doesn't schedule her baby and I am super laid back and I do. I think it has more to do with the fact that I am a time nazi than anything else. I always know what time it is and how much time has passed or how much time I have until something is to happen. It's just interesting, but I will say her little one is still up every 2-3 hours at night... What I love about a schedule is that I can get out of the house when I need to, I know how much time I have and when a cry is because of hunger or tiredness or just general fussiness, works well for me, but I am certainly no expert!

3 comments:

Sheyb said...

I was a non scheduler too, like your friend. :) But both of my kids slept very well. Angelina through the night at a month old and Zoe through the night a few weeks after we brought her home from the NICU. I think it depends on the baby and mama. :)

Glad to hear you got a lot of sleep!!

Katie said...

Look at that fluffy hair! And a nose just like his brothers--so cute.

I'm a scheduler like you and really do like being able to predict how the day will go time-wise. Our Levi isn't on a strict 3-hour schedule like the others were; he's on a schedule that works around school drop-off/pick-up and our other activities. Love that predictability! (I will say, though, that he doesn't sleep as well at night. Not terrible--usually goes 8 hours, but since that starts at 8 p.m., he's still up for a feeding overnight. I'm working on it.)

Long comment! :)

Sara said...

Amen for schedules--I think you have to with more than one kid--like you said, for the predictability. Also, that lets you know when something's not quite right, too.
And whoo-hoo for Mama sleep!!!