27 August 2007

Ready,Set,Go

We're getting ready this week to go and visit Salt Lake City UT on a scouting trip. It's one thing to go and visit a place on vacation, it's a whole other thing to be going to see if this is where God wants us to make our home (and mission field for now). My main concerns are finding a church and an area where my kids can play,live and be safe that isn't soooo over-run by the mormon community. It makes me nervous to be going to a place that is soo impacted with a religion that is not my own. I am praying that God will lead us to a place where he can use us but where we can make a difference, not just be blind-sided! We are most excited just to be going, we leave on Thurs. night and come home Monday. Please pray for us!

5 comments:

Sheyb said...

I totally understand where you are coming from Ricci! :) I will definitely keep you in my prayers in regards to the Utah trip, and you and Joe's needs, wants and desires. And I will pray for God's will in this whole situation. Good Luck!
Mike is going to work for a new company pretty soon (he will continue to do work at his current company... he is one of the owners). But the guy at the new company wants us to move to Arizona in January. So, we are toying with that right now. I have been praying about that lately. A lot is being requested on our part for this to even happen, and we will find out at the end of September whether or not it's happening. My parents are dealing well with this. :)

Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Sheyb said...

I meant to say...

My parents are not doing well with this. haha. I wish they were doing well, and were supportive, but they aren't. :( Which makes this decision even harder on my part.

Katie said...

Ricci - I hope it's an awesome trip and you come home feeling God's strong direction!

Shealynn - That's a big decision! Glad you're praying about it. ;)

Ricci said...

You're in my prayers Shea! Thanks Kato!

Robin said...

Ricci, have fun! Ahh... moving away from the OC. What a dream. I'm sure we'll be following soon enough! Mormon country is beautiful and they have the best scrapbook stores ever. There is one in Provo that my mum and I always stop at. It's about the size of a small Target. Lovely.