29 May 2008

The POX

I forgot to post that while we were in CA Miles got the Chicken Pox! Kind of a big deal but he is such an amazing kid it really wasn't that big of a thing. It all started when he got a sunburn the 1st day we were there (thanks to expired sunscreen). I got some aloe vera for him on Tues. and noticed a rash on his sun burnt back and arms. I assumed it was an allergic reaction to the aloe and so I went about my days visiting with old friends and their kids and Friday morning I took him into the doctor because his rash was spreading and who knew, chicken pox! I then had to call all the people I had been with who have kids and or are pregnant and warn/apologize to everyone. Yikes! We think he got it at MOPS on our last day back in UT before we left for CA. Even though it messed up our plans for Friday night and Sat. with friends I at least got to see most of them earlier in the week! Now we're waiting for Eli to get it, still no signs yet, probably tomorrow.... Miles exposed his friends Nate, Lucy, Averie, and Elena, oh and any kid that spent time at Ikea in the play area on Tues. til when ever they cleaned the ball pit...Oops! I'm sure there are many more, I feel so silly that I didn't think about it, but I didn't, not even for a second until my mom said something on Thurs. night! At least the kiddos that I know I exposed it to are young but not too young, it's before the summer, and nobody but Nate is in school yet. Sorry again to all those who might get it, it took a kid from Utah to bring chicken pox back to CA! I took a few pics with my mom's camera, so I'll post later what he looked liked, his back was the worst, the rest not too bad.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Still no signs for us either--I read that it is a 14 day incubation, though, so we may be waiting a little while, and Miles may have been exposed earlier than you thought, too. I'm not going up to the cabin for rafting, because (who would have thought!!) Tommy hasn't had the chicken pox, nor our neighbor Matt or his son! Crazy! I thought everyone has had the pox!! I was worried about my grandma, and made her call her dr. to make sure it was ok, even though she's had them, I didn't want it to give her something else, and she would be fine! But I can't risk giving it to everyone else! It's not like it's just, oh, you may get the flu. It's more like, oh by the way, you will most definately get shingles, and have to go to the hospital, and it will be really bad... So just better for me not to go. Oh well. I'm fine with that--it relieves some stress not having to worry about whether or not I will have to pull out last minute. So now my plans have changed, I'm hoping they don't get it until AFTER the weekend, so I'm not home with them alone and miserable!! Let me know when Eli gets them, I figured the girls will probably be a day behind!!
ok, sorry I posted so long!! That's what happens when you don't call back! I have no one to ramble to! Just kidding! :)

Sheyb said...

Yikes! :) Neither of my children have had chicken pox yet... thank goodness. Because once they get it Mike will get it, and that would be bad. Yes, Mike has had them before, but he gets them everytime he is exposed... even though he is 32! LOL.

Katie said...

No signs here yet, either! But I read the same as Sara--a 14- to 16-day incubation period. So I figure if I don't see any signs with Lucy by next Friday (June 6), we'll be good. Nate had the vaccine at 12 months (back in my "I do every single thing the pediatrician tells me to do" days), so I'm not too worried about him.

We are just glad we got to see you!