02 June 2008

Regular Home Owners

I realise I am posting this to most of you who have had yards for years but bear with me, it's a big deal for us. This past weekend Joe borrowed a lawnmower and edge trimmer from his Uncle Greg and for the first time in our married life we spent yesterday mowing a lawn! Well, Joe mowed, I raked all the dumb bark out of the grass and got a blister doing it, I hate bark! Anyways, it was so nice to finally have a yard and then to have a manicured yard, even better. It is small, but plenty big for us, I'm not a green thumb, I mean really not, I kill cactus, didn't even know they could die! It made me feel really good, like a regular home owner, spending the day on yard work and washing windows (just the 1st floor, and Joe's mom helped!) Hope your weekend was great! Here are a few pics of our yard, hard to take pics of because it is in sections. We just fertilized too, so that will help it green up at bit soon!

1 comment:

Sheyb said...

Looks nice! Mike is glad to get to a smaller yard! :) He is tired of mowing 1 1/2 acres! LOL. I have done it too, and it's hard work. Especially now! It's SOOOOO HOT AND HUMID HERE now- "welcome North Carolina summer. So glad I am leaving you for the dry heat!" :) Didn't realize your neighbors are so close. Are you allowed to have a fence?

Raking... haven't done that in a while! Not since we lived in California. I hate raking. ;)


xoxo,

Shealynn