04 December 2008

Creative Baking

So I had to bring a dessert to church last night and I thought I had all the ing. to try a new recipe and then realized I was missing something. So I decided to ditch the recipe and try my own. Anyways, it turned out awesome!!! Super moist Pumpkin Cake. I am going to make another one tomorrow for our family, soo good! Here's the recipe if you are interested!
Ricci's Easy Pumpkin Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 large can of pumpkin pie mix (with the canned pumpkin, it just has the spices & sugar in it already)
3 eggs
1/3 c. oil
*Mix all wet ing. together, then add the cake mix and blend on med. for 2 min. Pour into a greased bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 min. Let cool at least 30min. before removing from pan. Enjoy!
* You could probably subtract an egg or use less oil, I just followed the directions on the cake mix but I added the large can of pumpkin instead of the water. Feel free to let me know if you try something else and it works!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I have a recipe for this same thing--but it also calls for water, and the pumpkin, cinnamon, and sugar are separate--good idea for the pumpkin pie filling. Would you believe I don't have a bundt pan? I don't even like cake, but somehow in a bundt it tastes good!! (I am getting one for christmas, though! :)) It would be good with an orange glaze on it, too--one that crystallizes (milk, powdered sugar, orange peel, or orange juice!). Let it soak in, and the next day it will be a little crunchy, and oh so delicious!!

Sheyb said...

Sounds good!! :D Why didn't you enter in my giveaway?! lol.

You should try those pumpkin cookies I made a couple of weeks ago... baking sounds awesome... I wish I had time. :(

Ricci said...

Shea~ Sorry, I should have, I just read those posts and assume it is for everyone else, I'm slow that way! You got a TON of responses though!