17 March 2009

2 at 36

So I had my first weekly appt. today with an internal exam and guess what, I'm dilated to 2cm. She said Levi is still high so nothing to worry about yet but she is sending me in for an ultrasound Thurs. to find out more. I'm not too concerned because I was dilated to 3 with Eli and Miles at 38 weeks, but I was a bit surprised at 36 weeks to already be at 2cm, that's 3rd babies for you... I'll let you know more on Thurs. after the ultrasound! We did get the cradle and crib up and I got the boy's bag packed yesterday and put it in my car so I'm feeling good about where we're at. I'm still thinking through my bag, I've gotten all of my essentials from the store so now it's just putting it all together, but I did get my birth plan approved by my doctor today so she knows what I want and she is cool with all of it! One thing that is weird here is that they REQUIRE all babies to go to the nursery after birth for their bath, vit.K shot, and eye ointment. I am having that trip delayed until I have bonded and nursed this little guy but in CA all of that is done in your room. The doctor said that Joe can go with so I guess that's fine but still a bit strange that they MUST go to the nursery. Interesting how each state is different. In other news, it was 62 degrees yesterday and today even a degree warmer. You know you've acclimated to Utah when you put on flip-flops, no jacket and 3/4 sleeve shirts at 8am (51 degrees) to drop off your kid at school and you're not cold. It's not just me either, I'm seeing people in shorts....

3 comments:

Katie said...

Too funny that 51 degrees is "warm"! I'm sure it feels nice, though, compared to the temps it has been.

That is strange about the nursery requirement there! Great that you've already communicated that you want to bond and nurse first, though. Can't wait for little Levi to come!

Sara said...

I bet you are so glad that you could communicate what you wanted with no surprises! And at least they told you ahead of time that you could expect for the baby to be taken away so you could argue for a little bonding time!!! Go you!!
I'm sure the boys are thrilled at the temp. too--but not as happy as Mama who can send the boys outside now without guilt (grin!)

Sheyb said...

51 degrees is AWESOME!! It was in the high 80's here today. Blah!

You are getting SO close!!! It's going so fast. :) Soon you will be a mama to THREE BOYS!! Woo hoo! ;)

xoxo