20 March 2009

Toes on the Nose

Okay so it's more like Toes for your Eyes but, whatever. I got a pedicure yesterday at our MOPS Pamper Day, it was great. I can't reach my toes these day so it was wonderful to have someone else soak, gently massage, and then paint my toe nails. I chose this great OPI color that is a brownish grey, I love it. After I did it I thought to myself, "no wonder you have all boys, even when you get your toes painted you don't chose a girlie color". I will say I as wearing a dark raspberry colored shirt while they did it! When I picked Eli up from his class he noticed my colored toes right away, he's very detailed that way. Today both boys wanted me to paint their toe nails so we had a mini pedicure time for them (I make them sit on the play table while their toes dry so no polish gets on my couch) . I have always let them paint their toe nails and never thought anything of it but a few people have noticed in the past month and made comments. The men who have noticed think it's a bit strange, the women mostly say "good for you for worrying about it" to me. I think both responses are interesting. Why would paint on your toes mean anything but just that, you have paint on your toes? Miles and Eli choose boyish colors: orange, black, blue, etc. but even if they didn't would that make it any different? Kids love colors and how cool to have it on your body to look at all the time?! It's not feminine I guess is what I'm trying to get at, and I think the more we make things like that into something strange for a boy to like, the more issues we create. Just my opinion but my boys love it so we'll just keep on painting and see if we can get Daddy to join our club...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ha! Now that is something worth seeing! What does Joe think? So fun to let your boys be creative! I wish Averie would let me paint her nails...(grin!) I think she's let me 2 times. Ever. Oh well--maybe Elena will be up for it one day....