21 May 2007
Kern River
This past weekend we took our annual trip river rafting on the Kern River. This was our third year(my second year rafting, no pregnant woman allowed). Sooo fun, we stay at our friend's grandparent's cabin(he built it himself) and have a great time. This year I was the only girl to raft, out of 23! I was glad I have some muscle or I might have been booted off :) Anyways, this year the water level was low and so some of us opted for the 2 man "duckies" rather than the 6 man rafts. I had the privilege of going in the kayak with a guide, so awesome, I felt like Pocahontas. The rapids were class 4's but in those little rafts it feels like a class 5! By the way, class 6 is the highest level rapid and only pros do those, so class 4 and 5's are intense! Anyways, we had a blast, Joe stayed in the big boat, he kind of wishes he did the small boats too, maybe next year! I have rafted about 3-4 times more than Joe and he was being smart, I'm a bit more spontaneous, or maybe stupid?! Anyways, it was great, I think if I had lived nearer to a river I would have become I guide, I really love it! The adrenaline and rush get me every year. The good news is even if we move to Utah, they have rafting there and in Idaho which is close too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you had fun! :) I believe there is rafting here in NC too! BEAUTIFUL mountains here too!!! Well, the state itself is gorgeous!
Post a Comment