07 May 2007

What a Weekend

This past weekend went by fast even though it was probably the slowest weekend "event wise" we've had in a while. Joe and I got some time alone on Sat. (thanks g-ma Gale) and then Sunday we went to lunch with friends after church. I think though that this past weekend was just really exhausting emotionally for me! Joe and I have been talking about moving out of state now for a while and we had zeroed in on NC for no real good reason other than we liked what the area has to offer. This weekend we just got to talking a lot about things and what our goal in moving really is. You see Joe and I both feel, long term, that we need to be out in the mission field serving others with the gifts he has given us. It is so easy to loose sight of that goal in the everyday hustle and bustle of things, as we talked it just seems that to move toward that goal changes the way we live our daily life now. We will see what God does but Joe has a possible opportunity to stay with his current company and move to Salt Lake City UT in December. This would mean that he would not have to start a new career only to leave it in a few years when we feel called to work for the IMB (international mission board). He reminded me that the reason he started his education in the first place was to teach in the mission field and that this is the real cry of his heart. I was not the most understanding at first but I get it, and have to agree, putting my fears aside, that I feel called too. The IMB has a lot of opportunities for young families that are safe and shorter term (2-3 years instead of 4-6), we are not ready yet (we want one more kid first and I'm not in a huge hurry for that yet) but it is our goal. All this to say, Joe is still going to apply to the schools in Wake NC but if nothing comes of it shortly we will probably stay in CA until Dec. and then go to Salt Lake. I am so proud of my husband for speaking up and standing firm, I'm not easily deterred from my target, so it took courage for him! I love you sweetie and will follow you to the edges of the earth (please don't take me to the very edge ;)) Keep us in your prayers!!

5 comments:

Sheyb said...

I will be keeping you all in my prayers! I know that the Lord will show you what's best, and what He wants for you! Hold fast and trust Him!

The Weaver Family said...

Ricci - you & I seriously need to talk. Do you have my email or number?
Katch

Ricci said...

Katch~ No I don't have either, my e-mail is khristiangrl@hotmail.com, sent me your info!!!

Katie said...

Ricci, you'll be in our prayers. ;)

Ashley Hales said...

Ricci, if you do end up moving to SLC, we have some good friends and a good church there to recommend!