12 September 2008

Doritos for Breakfast?!

Whatever works when nothing sounds good to eat I guess? For those of you who haven't a clue what I am talking about, I'm pregnant, again!! I am 9 weeks along and have my first official appt. next week, pretty late in the game but whatever, I've done this before. Please keep me in your prayers as I am still pretty nervous, I have met almost 10 people in the past few years who miscarried their 3rd baby, makes you wonder... Anyways we are trusting that God is faithful and he will see us through whatever happens, we are very excited but I'm totally sick all the time. Can't even drink water unless it is ice cold, and I mean ICE COLD. If anything sounds good I eat it because nothing sounds good, this too shall pass I know, but when?! If anyone has had this and has any suggestions for food please let me know, I often stand in the kitchen and just try to think of what to eat that won't make me sick, I'm so hungry and nauseous all at the same time, it stinks (G rated for grandma).

10 comments:

The Weaver Family said...

Yay! (for babies, not for the barfs!) I too was on a major dorito kick. Pretty much ate green apples for an entire month. I think the sour was good. Perhaps only 3 or 4 more weeks. You can make it through. Do you guys have Sonic up there? I ate tons of ice from Sonic. Very helpful.

Ricci said...

Good to know, thanks, we do have Sonic, might have to go today... For me spicy(Salsa Verde) seems to be great so sour might be good too, thanks for the tips!

Ashley Hales said...

Congratulations! I'm roughly 11.5 weeks along so we'll both be having babies around the same time. :) Sour was GREAT during my 1st pregnancy (I ate pounds of clementines), but this pregnancy nothing seems to help the nausea. Oh well, it's gotten better as I'm nearly done with the 1st tri. I didn't have my first appointment until 9 weeks either.

Ricci said...

Congrats Ashley, too funny that 4 girls from our core group are prego at the same time, you and Katch with #2 and me and Katie with #3, I pray all goes well for all of us!

Sheyb said...

I knew it!!! LOL! At least, I told myself that "Ricci is next". ha ha. Sorry to hear that you are sick all the time! I never had this problem, so I have no idea how to help in that department. :(

I love watching my friend's families grow. :) Our family is staying at a family of 4, which works for us. And I am glad about it. Never know what God's plan is, but, I have been praying that He keeps our family the way it is. Especially in this house! Not room right now for 1 more babe. LOL!

Can't wait to know more details!


CONGRATS! You were planning this or was this a surprise?

Katie said...

Yay yay yay yay you're pregnant! Congratulations, Ricci! I'm so excited for you! You'll be due in April or so?

I'm sorry you're so sick. Citrus has always sounded good to me in the first trimester... and grilled cheese sandwiches.

theSanchez' said...

Wow! Congratulations! I look forward to seeing what God has in store for you guys!

Robin said...

Congrats, Ricci... wow, everyone is pregnant nearly. That is crazy. When are you due?

Sara said...

everyone I know that is around 20 weeks (4 people) is having boys--so maybe you missed that round!! (grin!)
I'll let you know if I think of any other food ideas! :)

The McKays said...

ricci, congrats! have i commented on your blog before? this is shannon's sister, suzanne. i keep up with a bunch of girls from her old core group, too. :) anyway, so excited for you guys! will you find out the gender? we are expecting #2 in January...a boy this time. can't wait!

peanut butter was good for me, or chips and salsa. i also ate lots of smoothies.