16 September 2008

Tax Day & The Office

Well I had my OB appt. today and my official due date is April 16th, one day after taxes are due. My doc said she didn't think it would get us an extension though, ha! The baby is actually measuring a week older than that but because it's not 2 weeks difference they don't change the due date. Everything looks great, got to see the baby and the heart beat, soo cool, I didn't get an early ultrasound with the others so this was unexpected (the doc actually had to tell me I could look at the screen, I was oblivious to what she was doing) and really cool. Looks like a baby already which is crazy! Anyways, everything is good with that, but Miles is a different story. My son has been in school going on three weeks and today he was sent to the office and had to sit with the director for not wanting to participate in class! I thought it was funny and the teacher wasn't worried she just said he wouldn't stop playing with a new car toy to join the group so she had to remove him from the room. He has a bit of trouble listening to authority figures other than Joe and me so I think it will only get better now that he's in a classroom, the problem is it makes it hard for me to correct because he listens to me. I gave the teacher a few tips for what we do at home and that was that. I've also been already talking to Miles about "who makes the rules" in other events he attends and how he needs to listen to the person who makes the rules, he knows it in his head he just needs to put it into practice, he's only 3 he'll get there but I had to share...

3 comments:

Sara said...

So funny!! I had to laugh because I'm not the mommy!!! Good luck with that! (grin) Averie had to use her change of clothes today because a kid turned the sprinklers on while she was petting the bunnies. She said another kid screamed for a teacher, but she was the only one to get wet. Then her shoes gave her blisters and kept coming off, so I got a "talking to" about appropriate shoes. What a day, huh?? You just gotta laugh!!

Ricci said...

That's great, too funny Sara!

Sheyb said...

Glad to hear everything is well with the baby. :)