23 June 2009
Swimming 101
I took Miles to his first swim lesson today and a whoosh of old memories came back to mind. My 1st real job was a swim instructor, I did it for years and eventually ran the whole swim school for a year before getting married and finishing school. Miles is a classic case of a kid who just wants to jump and play around in the water. Every time his teacher asked him if he was ready to do whatever (float, streamline, blow bubbles) he would politely say "no thanks" while bouncing around in the water. It was hilarious, I actually had to tell her not to ask him but to tell him what to do and I told him that this was "swim school" not just play time in the water. I tried to stay back and just watch but it was really hard for me. I know he is having a blast (he cried when it was over because he had to get out) but I'm just glad it wasn't a lot of money. I will teach him what he needs to know after this session is over, I just wanted to see how he would be for a teacher, he acts the same with them as he does for me so I'll just teach him for free, now if I can just find the time to do that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so i decided that i will pay you to teach Averie while you are here....(grin!) but it will have to be the going rate in Utah, since you would be a Utah swim instructor...LOL!
So interesting, Ricci! I've always thought it would be harder to teach my own child than to have someone else do it. But that's good to know that Miles acted the same for the teacher as he does for you. Glad he likes the water! :)
Post a Comment