09 June 2009

What do you think?

So I have a question for anyone who is willing to comment. I just got this little chest at a garage sale (of course) for $5 and I want to put it in my bedroom. My question is this, should I paint it white or black, what do you all think? I think I will keep the same drawer pulls, if that makes a difference...I thought I wanted it black and then I put it in the space and now I don't know, opinions please! If I paint it white I would probably trim the drawers with silver (where the gold is in the pic). The other pic is just because I never posted a picture of my new comforter on my bed, got it for my b-day from my mom, isn't it lovely?!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Ricci, the room is GORGEOUS! Did you mom make the comforter? If not, where did she get it? A friend is wanting a white comforter with some texture.

As for the chest, I agree the white looks good there! (I know you'd paint it again, but even the off-white that it is now looks good. I like when things aren't too matchy-matchy.)

Sara said...

I vote white--especially if you're going to leave it there--I think the white looks better with the chair....plus, easier to paint black over white if you don't like it than white over black!
very cute!!

Sara said...

I love the lamp there, too! Was that another garage sale find?? It matches perfectly!

Ricci said...

Thanks Ladies! Katie, the comforter is from Target(kissing pleats) a replica of a MUCH more expensive one in Anthropoligie. Sara, I couldn't pass up the lamp, it was also from Target, it was on clearance probably because no one else would need that color!

Katie said...

Hey Ric... Where did you get your bed? I remember when you got it and that you had it in a box for a long time before you moved... but where from?

My Daily Circus said...

black or lime green with a black antique finish maybe. ...it looks so nice as it is! Love your room!

Sara said...

I might have changed my mind--since I know you would do bright white to match the rest of things, that might be a little too country. If you did it black, you could do the trim in bright white--like I wanted to do with the one in the girls' room. And white knobs, too. Very hollywood regency...

Ricci said...

Hey Katie~ My bed is from one of the places on Furntiture Row right down the street from your house. I don't remember which one, let me run and check...Easy Life Furniture, that's it!