13 November 2007

The Hunt

My new vacuum, attachment mode is folded so it doesn't tip over.
It unfolds to clean carpets with the beater brush!
I hate vacuums. Last week I took my vacuum apart to clean it and the trap door snapped off. The vacuum was less than a year old and has been editor's pick and got great reviews but I have had 3 parts break on it! I called their customer service and she was no help, she said parts weren't covered under the warranty just the unit itself! I said that that was totally unacceptable and that I would like to return the entire unit, she said that was fine just take it back to the store where I purchased it! So stupid, the company would rather lose $250 than comp me $40 in parts! Ridicules!! So I spent all of yesterday during nap time researching vacuums and decided on the Hoover Z 700, it seemed to have everything that I was looking for but it was $300! I had the credit from the other vacuum so I figured it would only be (with a 20% coupon) less than $50. So I went to the store today to pick it up and the sales guy rang it up with the coupon and said your total is $86. I thought for a minute and then realized I hadn't used my gift card yet, I said, "the total is $86?" He said yes, I explained to him that this was a $300 vacuum and he looked again and said, "Well it must be a computer error but it's not yours' or my fault so $86 please". I laughed and gave him my gift card, which now still has about $130 on it! Computer error just gained me a bunch and lost the store a bundle! What a deal! So far I dig it, it's only been an hour but it cleaned my family room really well! I am an honest person to a fault, but I love it when you do the right thing and still get rewarded!

3 comments:

Sheyb said...

Woo Hoo for great deals!! :) We have the Dyson Animal, and I LOVE IT! :) It is always nice to have a great cleaning tool you can rely on. :)

Katie said...

VERY cool! I guess if you have to vacuum, you might as well be using one that WORKS!

And of course, there's Miles with his hockey stick! ;)

Ricci said...

Yes, Miles was so excited to "skate" on the clean "ice"!