16 February 2008
Noteworthy
Okay so I am kind of feeling proud of myself right now. We just finished my 6th, that's right 6th, dinner in a row at home that I cooked myself!!! Not many people know this but I don't think in the 5.5 years we have been married that I have cooked 6 days in a row ever! I know, what is totally normal to most is extraordinary to me! I normally get to about Wed. and Joe gets home and I say, umm I don't know what's for dinner, let's just grab something. It's not even that I am so lazy, I just LOVE junk food! It's amazing that I'm not 300 lbs. because I don't even make good choices when we eat out, burger and fries please, every time! So anyways, some might ask, why the change? The answer, I got a new cookbook and we're trying to save money! Deceptively Delicious is the cookbook, so far it's easy, good food! The worst part for me is buying the groceries, I hate grocery stores and the thought of going with the kiddos is daunting. Well, I've managed once with my mom and once by myself and although it's not my favorite activity, it's not the worst! Anyways, there's my honest confession and yeah for me! Tomorrow Joe and I are going snowboarding so we'll be eating out I'm sure, so 6 days is my record to beat, maybe next week!
Oh and P.S. Joe lost 7 lbs this week, a combo of eating at home and shoveling snow at work, whoo hoo honey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have heard of that cookbook. :) I HATE to cook!!! The only way I would love it is if I had a kitchen cleaning staff on hand to clean up after me. I would be cooking non-stop then! LOL. Otherwise... I hate it! Mike does most of the cooking in our household... but all that might change once we move to Arizona! LOL. We will be working in an office rather than from home, so I guess you could say that it will be like a "normal" marriage... whatever that means! haha.
Anyway! Congrats on the SIX days of cooking and eating at home! That is definitely noteworthy! ;)
And, and great 7 pound weight loss Joe! Shoveling snow burns 150 calories in about 10 minutes!!
Ooops. I made a typo... not -We will be working in an office-
-HE will be working in an office-. LOL.
I've heard such good things about Deceptively Delicious. Go you! And Joe too! Have fun snowboarding.
Good for you! Homecooking! Wish I could do 6 nights in a row!
Post a Comment