26 February 2008

What's new with you?!

Okay so today I made a kind of big decision. I chose a preschool for Miles to attend next year. He will be, as long as he gets in, attending Grace Lutheran 2 days a week starting this fall. It was a funny process, I was totally fine while going and looking at the several that I went to see but when it came to making that final decision I was hesitant. I feel like deciding this will decide his educational path for his whole life. Silly I know, but he will be an old 3 to start next year and one of the schools is so highly academic that if he does or doesn't start there, he will or won't be able to transfer in smoothly. If he learns too much too fast he wont fit into public school later and if he doesn't go there (Challenger) he will be behind if we transfer him in the next year. I think I'm thinking too hard. Anyways, we decided to put him into a less rigorous academic school that still teaches the learning skills I think are age appropriate. I want my kiddos to be well rounded, not totally book smart and have no social or extra curricular skills! It was funny to observe Miles in the classroom setting because he is "that" kid. He makes friends fast (kike from the moment he sits down) but is normally not paying attention to the teacher because of it. The teacher says sit and he stands, the teacher is leading songs and my child has his shirt over his head and it twirling around. It was great, I love boys, I just didn't know he was that kid. That kid was always my favorite to teach because once you figure them out they love the teacher and love to learn. I think the teacher at Grace has enough patience to deal with his free spirit and he'll adjust fine, especially in the fall! So there you go, my baby is growing up, but not to fast please, he's only 3!

4 comments:

Sheyb said...

LOL! I remember going through those same decision with Angelina! :) You are putting him in at a great age, and it sounds like you're doing what's best! Angelina went to a private Christian pre-school/pre-K and then we transferred her over to public. She is quite advanced, but you can blame that on Mike. LOL. :) Trust me, before you know it, Miles will be in Kindergarten! That's how it happened to me. Soak it up girl! haha.

Katie said...

I love how you describe Miles as "that kid." He will be a joy in the classroom--I'm sure of it!

Sheyb said...

Hey Ric.

The last 2 messages are spam... I would delete them.

Ricci said...

Yes, thank you shea!!!