12 June 2008

The No Good, Worrible, Terrible, Very Bad Day

Okay so I guess it not all bad but I'm having a rough day. Went to go see Joe for lunch in Park City, that was good but then I decided to stop in at Cost Plus World Market to pick up a new dish set I have decided on and, guess what, it is discontinued. I bought up all they had and I now have to go to another store to get some more pieces but nobody in UT has the salad plates. It's not that they're expensive, just perfect, hammered clear glass at $.99 a plate. So if anyone in CA is willing to check into it for me let me know ;). I spent almost an hour in the store, kiddos going crazy the whole time so I decided they could each choose a lollipop for the ride down the mountain. I get them loaded up and open Eli's and it's pulverized, off the stick and a mess. I can't bring it back because he's probably the one who broke it and I'm not unloading them again to buy another one so I told Miles him and Eli would share the one. That went horribly, so the whole 45 min. ride home Eli is crying and Miles is whining, lovely. So, I'm just about home and a motorcycle cop pulls me over for going 54 in a 35 (yeah right but whatever, I was going with the flow of traffic) with CA plates I'm a clear target because the fee for not changing your plates is $1000, yikes! Luckily he let me go with just a speeding ticket but still, give me a break, I've got 2 kids in the back at nap time, crying and I get pulled over. What a day, besides the fact I just feel yucky, no good reason for it, I just do. I don't have bad days very often, and this one will be over soon but I'm emotionally wiped, I think I'll just take a nap while the boys are napping, after a cookie ;)

7 comments:

Katie said...

I hate days like that! I'm glad you made it through, but MAN, did the traffic ticket have to get added on to an already bad day?!

I had a really rotten day too. I'm not joking: it involved tears--my own--in the doctor's office while my two children were screaming their heads off.

At least our day is over!

Ricci said...

I'm sorry your day was bad too Kato. Hope tomorrow is better!

Sheyb said...

Sorry to hear about your bad day!! And a ticket never makes anyone's day better. Tomorrow is almost here!

xoxo

Sara said...

Maybe you should move to Australia...
;)

at least it's over, huh?
Ice cream helps too. (grin)

Ricci said...

Is that in refereance to my "worrible" instead of "horrible"? Joe asked me, very cautiously I might add, if that's what I meant to write. Oh well, add it to the list of things gone wrong that day! Today is better ;) P.S. I had ice cream and a cookie :)

Katie said...

That is so funny! I was thinking "worrible" was maybe in the title to a kids book or something about someone's bad day...

Anyway, I didn't even think about the fact that my comment above might have made you worry about the baby... no, my tears were because of how my children were behaving!

Sara said...

My comment was in reference to the kids book ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY. Did nobody else read that when they were little?! He talks all about his bad day and keeps saying, "I think I'll move to Australia." I guess my comment wasn't so funny if you didn't know the reference! :)
ps. I figured you meant horrible, but worrible is a cool word that you made up that would also apply!