09 June 2008

RoUnD 2 & Moab

SO Friday morning the boys woke me up just as any other morning and as we were sitting on the couch watching cartoons I noticed a single spot on Elijah's neck. Over the next hour I watched as a few more spots pop up and sure enough, round 2 of chicken pox in our house had officially begun. It wouldn't have been a big deal except we were taking my parents away for the weekend rafting in Moab without the kids. We were leaving Friday afternoon and returning Sunday. I called Joe's Aunt and let her know what was going on and luckily, we were able to go on our trip as planned and she, along with her hubby and Joe's mom, took care of the boys for the weekend, chicken pox and all! We had a great time, rafting was a total let down but the area is beautiful, we got to attend a rodeo, eat good food, and raced through Aches National Park in less than an hour (we ran out of time, took lots of pics for my mom out of the window while driving). We will definitely be going back, you could spend a solid week in any of the national parks there. The main let down with rafting was because the water was so high most of the rapids were washed out, oh and they wouldn't let us ride in a paddle boat, the guide was the only one with oars, whatever, it was an experience and our guide was great. He even let us each take turns rowing the boat, which I had never done before, rather tricky I must say. Overall, it was great times and we really enjoyed being with my parents away from the kiddos and going somewhere new. It was the first time ever that we payed for my parents trip too, they always are so generous and pay for everything for us when we go places so it was nice to do something for them! Happy 30th Anniversary Mom and Pop! Eli did fine and so did Miles, now we just have to stay quarantined for a week or so!

4 comments:

Sheyb said...

Sounds like fun!!! I wondered where you went... and yes. I am still on the road. ;)

Chicken Pox again. Yikes! ;)

Katie said...

2+ weeks sure is a long incubation period for an illness! I hope he's over the worst party now.

Sara said...

I love Katie's typo-- it was a party! Ha! The girls are still fine!! Sorry the rafting wasn't good--at least you enjoyed a kid-free weekend of fun and relaxing!!

Katie said...

Oops.... I love my typo too! :) Ha!

Oh yeah, and by the way, Lucy hasn't gotten it either!