17 June 2008

What's the plan Sam?

I was talking to a friend the other day and we were discussing how we get work done during the week. Just curious what every one's schedule for housework is during the week. Here's how mine goes...

  1. Sunday: Pm: Sort laundry and do one load, go to bed
  2. Monday: Am: Do other loads of laundry (usually 2) Naptime: normally empty the dishwasher. Make menu and shopping list for the week.
  3. Tuesday: Am: Fold and put away laundry Naptime: Dust the house and clean downstairs bathroom
  4. Wednesday: Am: Vacuum upstairs and stairway Naptime: Sweep and Vacuum downstairs
  5. Thursday: Am: Empty dishwasher Naptime: Clean other 2 bathrooms
  6. Friday: Do whatever I fell behind on or a fun project for myself
  7. Saturday: Clean up all the kiddos stuff from the week so we can start again tomorrow!!!

And in between I get groceries, make dinner, do my BBS, play with the kiddos and try to take a bit of time for myself :) Just wondering, anybody else have a weekly schedule or what do you do to stay on top of things.... well I'm off to dust!

3 comments:

Sheyb said...

LOL! I do not have a daily schedule. :) I just do what needs to be done or what I feel like doing. Kids will normally be playing together and I will do things here and there. You are way more organized than I am or probably ever will be. ;)

I actually have been meaning to write about this topic for a couple days now, and have forgotten. Maybe today! LOL.

Katie said...

WOW. I am nowhere near that organized. I guess I do get the most done in the beginning of the week, especially Monday. Laundry is usually Monday but also whenever else it needs to get done. Dusting is when I look at a tabletop and think, "I wonder what color that table is SUPPOSED to be?" Sweeping is when the floor is just too crunchy. It's terrible, really.

:)

Robin said...

I totally have daily calendars for every minute of my workday. Home??? Not so much. However, I've recently become a flylady.net addict. She emails you each day and tells you what "blessing" you get to instill on your home. Today, clean the baseboards and clean the kitchen. Tomorrow, tidy the bedroom, etc. Each week has a central focus/ zone. It's pretty organized itself. Love it. I think I'll blog about it on my blog.