I've been trying for over a month now to decide on the final color for downstairs, the dining room. It shouldn't have been that long of a process but I have changed my mind now 3 times on the color, blue, green, now yellow. And then tyring to find the right shades to go with the blue in the kitchen and the colors throughout was proving to be a major challenge. Last night I was looking back through all my samples of greens and yellows and it finally came to me, nix the neutral brown and just do yellow in the family AND dining areas, duh right?! The problem is I already painted the family room and it was a lot of work, I've been tyring to work around it but I just have a hard to time with how the color changes throughout the day, I like it at night with the florescent lights shining on it and the rest of the day it's not so great. I talked to Joe about it and he said he would help me this time so hopefully that will go much faster! I also decided that I will be painting some furniture green instead of a wall, and accent with the red already around the house. Yeah for things to get off of my mind. Our color palette is now, dusty light turquoise(April Mist), light yellow (Honey Tone), medium green (Asparagus), and rich red (Cherry Cobbler which shows up as Ruby Ring on furniture) those are all Behr colors, in case you were wondering ;) The main goal is to make a cheerful, cozy, and laid back space, the process of getting there has been anything but! At least I'm settled... now to go and purchase the paint!!!
I think I collected every green or yellow paint chip available (they all start to look a lot alike after a while)
The Final Four (including the current wall color, that won't change)
4 comments:
I looooove the combination, Ricci! But I'm sure you knew I would anyway, since some combo of green, red, and blue have always been in my house. I really love your addition of the honey yellow.
Looks good. :) I wish that was all I had to worry about! LOL. It would make my life so much easier. Soon enough I suppose. Painting furniture, huh? :) Have fun! Glad that Joe is helping this time.
had a dream about your house and painting last night. So so funny. You had a rock wall that all the rocks were alternating different red, yellow, green & I threw a ball and got red paint ALL over your carpet. So random! Like the paint choices.
Ha! That's great Katchen, random for sure!
Post a Comment