11 July 2007
Test Results
Okay, just talked to the doc and found out what Miles is allergic to, at least of the things we tested. He is apparently allergic to peanuts, cashews, pistachios, soy beans, and egg whites. Of all of these allergies egg whites tested the highest, then the tree nuts/peanuts, then soybeans. Who knew? I certainly had no idea, poor kid! The doctor recommended getting an epi-pen for plane trips and travels. The good new is that all though he has these allergies, none of his levels were higher than 3 out of 6, so that means he is not one of those *if you breathe on me I could die* type of cases, just a *don't feed it to me* one! Well I'm off to read labels on what we have in the house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Interesting! The egg white thing is especially interesting since you'd think he would have eaten a lot with that in it. I do remember feeding only egg yolk (not white) to Nate because I'd been told not to feed egg white to kids 'til they're older.
Yikes. Poor guy! :) Interesting... never heard the egg whites thing with small kids. Angelina ate tons of eggs including the whites when she was a baby. I will have to look into that. :)
I know, weird right? I've decided I'm going to ask for a refferal to a specialist to explain where to go from here, as I haven't noticed a reaction to baked items with egg in them, we'll see! Shea, most MD's say egg white at a year.
Really? LOL. None of my doctors in California or hear ever mentioned to me no egg whites. May be because we have no allergies in our family... who knows. :) I gave Angelina eggs when she was about 6 months old and up... will ask my pediatrician when I am there nex month.
here... not hear. ooops
Post a Comment