02 July 2007

Smarty pants!

Elijah and his rooster tail hair do
Miles looking oh so innocent So this noon I made a hot dog for Miles(after he asked for it) and he then decided he didn't want it. I then told him he couldn't have anything else until he ate the hot dog(drink or food) so he took one bite and then asked for juice. I said no, he had to finish the hot dog 1st and he said,"hot dog make Miles sick, has peanut butter on it, make Miles sick." Little stinker, there was of course no peanut butter on it, he just knows he can't have peanut butter and he put two and two together. He ended up going to naptime still with his hot dog half eaten but whenever he asked for something else he only got hot dog. My mom has told me a few times, "parenting is not for wimps". I totally understand on days like today! I just keep telling myself, he's 2, surely I'm smarter than a 2 year old!!!!

2 comments:

Sheyb said...

Ah, a woman after my own heart!! :) ha ha! I have MANY MANY a day like this! :) Great job for sticking to your guns! :) Aren't kids funny how they try and sneak their ways out of things? ha! Peanut Butter!! That's a good one Miles! ;)

Katie said...

Man would that make a gross meal--peanut butter on hot dog. Nice try, Miles! :)