23 January 2008

Fair Haven

The black and white plates I picked out and Gale got me!!
I have decided to make our master bedroom in our new house black and white. I am super excited about it and am storing up all sorts of new ideas. One of them is for the duvet, click http://www.anthropologie.com/ and look under home, sleep, duvets (cirrus). It should be pretty easy to duplicate, and it will look really good with the black and white damask drapes I found and the black and white plates Gale (Joe's mom) got me. I plan on adding a large hounds tooth and maybe a dot or stripe to funk it up a bit. I'm going for funky elegance, we'll see how close I get! At first I was trying to think of what colors to bring into the room to go with black and white and then I thought about it and decided I really like just black and white, no color other than small accessories that can be swapped out easily with my changing moods! I have never really focused on our room and now that the rest of the house is pretty well set (we have a couch and a place to eat and beds for the kids) I can focus some attention to our haven! Yeah! I'll be taking pics once I get it going, meanwhile I'm having fun dreaming!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ricci, i love this idea. (You would know that from looking at my bathroom.) It is going to look so awesome.

Only YOU would say that cirrus duvet is "pretty easy to duplicate"! You described it to me perfectly, though... it's exactly as I pictured.

Sheyb said...

Dreaming is always fun! But, making them happen is even better! Have fun decorating your haven! :) I think I may end up selling our bedroom linens and going with something totally different in our new home in AZ too. ;) In finding a house I have 1 rule. If my bed doesn't fit in the room with space for dresser and side tables, then that house is out of the question!! LOL. I LOVE my bed very much, and am not willing to part with it for a house. Picky I will be! ;)

Have fun!

Sara said...

now for a wall color....
that's the hard part with black and white--it just looks unfinished with white walls--I can't wait to see what you decide on!!