10 October 2008

Birthdays & Carving

Well I just got back from a day in CA. That's right a day, it was my mom's birthday, the big 50 so my dad flew me out for dinner. It was very fun, my mom and I went to lunch and walked the beach and I got to see their new, temporary home. Can't wait 'till Christmas to come out for longer and actually see some friends too, but this was nice. It was sooo hot, I don't miss that heat, I was sweaty and gross about 1 hour after arriving! We are expecting a rain/snow storm here tomorrow so it has been really nice and cool and festive here in UT. I'm sure after months of snow I will appreciate the CA heat but for now I'm happy for the cool weather here! Happy Birthday again Mom, love you!
We finally carved one of our pumpkins last night. You know you have 2 boys when you show them all the pics of options and they pick Frankenstein to carve out, they haven't any idea who he is they just thought the pic was cool. We'll do another one maybe tonight, it was hilarious to see the faces the boys had when we had them touch the inside slime; Miles cried when Joe shoved his arm in it and Eli made his "Ewww gross" face while saying the words too. Once they got over it they had fun. I'll toast the seeds today. Here are a few pics:

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh--Eli's face in that second picture is hilarious! Your boys are so cute.

Sheyb said...

Eli's face cracked me up!! LOL!! I have a feeling that Zoe is going to love digging in and wiping her hands all over Angelina. LOL.
I guess since it's cold there now that carved pumpkins will last until Halloween. :) I'm afraid that if we carved a pumpkin now and set it outside, it would rot in a few days. While it is SLOWLY getting cooler here, it's still supposed to be 90 today, and high 80's for the next few days... although... they said something about seventies tomorrow... hmmmm. I hope so. OK, this is getting way too long!! ha.

Happy Birthday to your mom! How special!