20 October 2008
[Just Imagine]
So both of my boys are at different stages in imaginative play and they are keeping me busy! Elijah is in love with puppets, very often my hands spend at least 1/2 the day in a puppet or 2. Eli is so sweet with them, they come to life for him as soon as I put them on: he talks to them, shows them his toys, wipes their eyes and gives hugs and kisses, he tells them all about what is going on around him and doesn't care if they answer or not (luckily for me, I run out of things to say in puppet talk). All he requires is that they look at him or whatever he wants them to look at, I think his favorite is when I look one way and the puppets turn a different way, so funny to watch his sweet reactions of joy. Miles on the other hand still loves puppets but now his Mr. Moose has come to life. He has a voice (an obnoxious squeaking noise) and language that only Miles can understand but Mr. Moose wants juice, food, a nap, plays with toys and Moose is the one who needs a nightlight and who talks at bedtime. Therefore Mr. Moose gets in trouble from mommy and mommy has to talk directly to Mr. Moose about appropriate behavior, so funny (most of the time). I love that my boys are developing good imaginations, I just pray for the endurance to deal with the added members of the family, ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol! that is really cute. i love kids' imaginations!!!
Very cute--what a good mommy to leave puppets on all day--even half! Puppets are so much work! I put Averie's puppets away as soon as she isn't looking in hopes that she'll forget about them! I know, it's horrible, I would just be in a puppet ALL DAY LONG, and I HEAR about it if I take the puppet off! She's very demanding with her puppets! (grin!)
So there's one of my downfalls...
:)
Post a Comment