10 April 2007

A Day Off, Maybe Not!!

So last night I was putting in a load of laundry at 9pm and found myself thinking, I think I will call in sick tomorrow for work. Oh I wish sometimes that it were that easy. The problem is, if I decide not to "work" and just chill with my kids all day long there is nobody else doing my regular work(cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, etc.). The next morning when I "clock in" it will still all be there waiting for me to now play catch up. The best way to go is to do a little each day and then at least it is manageable. I know my mom will be laughing at this because this is exactly what she does, a little work every day leaves you the most time at the end of the week to play!! I can't really complain either, Joe helps whenever I ask but, you know, it was just one of those days! I love getting to stay home with my kids, I wouldn't trade it for anything, I don't know how working moms do it! So back to work for me, no sick days here, it's just not worth it!

1 comment:

Sheyb said...

I totally know what you mean, Ricci! :) I take a lot of days off, and then realize what a dreadful thing it was to do that! :) I have 2 very easy children, so taking care of them is a breeze! :) But, housework? Ugh! I HATE IT! :)