19 April 2007

Girlie Q's

I've never been much of a person for "girlfriends". My friends were always boys and I never felt like I had much in common with other women. I still feel this way for most of the female species but I will say that being a mom now I need other women like me to come along side me and keep me sane! I joined MOPS this past year and I love it, I have found quite a few non-girlie moms like me who love hanging out with their kids outside and aren't trivial and petty. We just went out last night with a few of them and we had dinner and talked until 12am! Never happens, but it was so refreshing, I think it should be a rule that moms have to get out and spend time with friends! I think for me it comes down to giving women a chance, I spend so much time feeling like I have nothing in common with them instead of trying to find something I do, I guess motherhood made that commonality for me! So to all of the moms out there, go do something fun with a "girlfriend", you'll be a better mom, and wife for it! Toodles

2 comments:

Sheyb said...

Ricci, I *TOTALLY* agree! I get out once a week -- usually. But I haven't lately. Been busy at home scrapbooking and hanging with my fam. Mike is out of town all week, so not doing much this week. LOL. :) It's always nice giving people a chance. I need to find a church by my house and join MOPS too.
Mike goes out once a week too. :)

Katie said...

So bummed I missed out on the late night with you all... I'm glad it was fun though!