Miles crazy "smile", favorite hat and stinky boots.
We are all recuperating from Joe being gone and doing well! I am so tired of picking up after everyone just in case someone comes to look at the property when I'm not here. I guess I don't have to, it doesn't do us any good if this place sells quickly, but it's still my house and my life that people are seeing when they walk through the door! I don't want them to think we live like pigs!!
Anyways, moving on, Miles and his boots have been inseparable since he went to the hockey game with Joe a month or so ago. These boots are not nice looking or practical, it's 75 degrees and my child is walking around in snow boots! His feet sweat and stink and he ripped the inserts out because they bugged him, it's gross. So yesterday I was playing with him and he was talking about how he liked "skating" in his boots like "Zoe" from Sesame Street(he has a little figurine that has rollerblades on it). I though about it and decided that high-top shoes would be my best chance at getting him out of those stinky boots. Because I still have standards I was not going to get him some ugly pair of high tops, the only ones that I could think of that are okay for boys to wear are converse, so yesterday that is what I purchased for him, black high top converse. He threw an absolute fit in the store about it but this morning I told him that his old boots were broken and he could either where his old shoes or his new black ones and he chose the converse. After they were on he asked me "Miles new boots?", pointing at his feet. I said "yes, those are your new boots, very nice!" Off he went to play and he went skating around the house in his "new boots". At least they are better for the summer heat! I love his imagination because it forces me to be creative! Have a great day!
P.S.~ Elijah Cade gets to try avocado today, I'll let you know how it goes :)
7 comments:
haha. That is so *cute* that miles loved his boots so much. :) Angelina is like that, but to a much larger scale. She is obsessed with stuffed animals. She has hundreds, but {refuses} to give any of them up, and will then resort to a baby and kick and scream. So, last week, I took her to school, and proceeded to clean her room, which I might add, looked like a bomb went off in there, and 3 hours later, the "herd" was thinned, and she didn't even notice. *high 5* for me! :) It's totally normal ;) Hurray for converse, though! *High 5* for you! :)
I'll bet Miles looks so cute in his new boots! He really cracks me up. I know what you mean about still wanting your house to be presentable for potential buyers even if they aren't buying from you...
I see the Bumbo seat in the background of the picture of Miles. Does Eli like it? :)
P.S. Miles' crazy smile in this picture kind of looks like an "I'm in pain" look. :) Hehee...
IT IS NOT A "little figurine." It's an Action Figure!
ha ha! I saw the Bumbo chair too! Bumbo chairs ROCK!!
The bumbo chair in the backround is on loan from a friend. Nice for a month or so but I wouldn't spend the 40 bucks for it. I think it's more important for young ones to get that floor and tummy time in to really develop coordination and strength. I don't go for most of that new fangeled stuff, I'm a naturalist at heart!
I do agree as well Ricci. We do the floor and the play mat too. But, having the bumbo chair just makes things easier for me sometimes. :)
Post a Comment