16 April 2007
Mini Update
Just a quick update on Joe's trip, this computer is going to go kaput and the charger is in Joe's bag(still at the airport somewhere). Joe's trip was interesting. He said the area was a bit more rural than he was expecting, no big deal, he said it was beautiful and he found everything that he needed to do pretty easily. The job fair was pretty disorganized for how many applicants were there. Joe's was number 250 something and he was at the beginning of the line. They only let appl. in for an hour to set up interviews but there were so many people and lines that Joe was only able to get one interview. He said it was very overwhelming but he was at least able to put his resume at a lot of different schools and most of the schools don't even have their budgets or needs figured out yet so it was very preliminary. I was glad that he got to go and scout the area and get one interview though! Joe said he feels like we should really be there and Satan was doing everything in his power to discourage him from having a good time, at a certain point it was almost comical. His flights were delayed, bags lost, forgot his resume, more flights delayed and still God is good and allowed Joe to have a good attitude most of the time! We'll see what God does in the next few weeks, but for now we are just going to finish up what needs to be done here (Joe's classes end in 3 weeks) and wait to see! I was encouraged by Joe's attitude and still feel like it is where we need to be so we're just waiting to see how God works out the details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL. Sorry to hear our school system is ridiculous! Joe could have called me, and I could have shown him around a bit!! I SO need to find your number!! :) Anyway, where exactly was the interviews and everything held? Compared to California... NC is total rural, unless you go into the actual city, which, then it's a city... lol... like another world in the city of Raleigh. :) Check out the post I did on my blog about "I {heart} North Carolina. I took pictures of things around my house... I noted that I never went more than a mile from my house. LOL.
Ricci, I truly hope that God opens the door for you all to move here!! You have NO clue what a blessing that that would be! :) Also, if you want to take a vacation here to check things out, PLEASE let me know!! I can show you all around. :) We absolutely *LOVE* it here!
Talk to you soon!
Also, I will definitely keep you and your fam in my prayers about this whole situation. :)
Ricci - I'm glad Joe got to go even if it was a challenging trip. Sounds like you both have the right attitude about it!
Post a Comment