04 March 2008

Hair Help!!!

Okay folks, I need help, do I grow or cut?, my hair that is. I get to this point every few years and left to my own demise I cut and then look back and think, 6 more months and it would have been so long and I might have loved it. I want input this time before I cut it. You see, my b-day is around the corner and if I'm going to cut it I will do so with any b-day money I get, so please tell me, do I wait and grow it long so when it gets to 100 degrees here I can throw it up in a pony or do I cut it so my neck is cool all the time? Joe is no help he just wants me to be happy with it, he doesn't care long or short. I don't have any digital pics of it long long but here is one from today and some of it short.
Today, I only straighten it once a week, I have to wash my hair everyday and it just takes too long...

Short and curly. This was taken at Anne Frank's house in Holland, if you were wondering. Anyways, I would leave the front a bit longer than this and cut the back up a bit shorter, oh and it's brown now!!!

I cut it short right after I had Eli, it was cute, similar to what I would do now I think

Right after I dyed it, the grown out version of above and straight.

Anyways, any input would be great! When I got married my hair was mid back length and it was so pretty, but a lot of work to straighten. If I grow it out it will be to wear it curly or up most of the time.

10 comments:

Sheyb said...

Ricci... my hair is longer in the front and short in the back! I LOVE it! :) I love how it looks now, but my favorite? The last picture!! And I LOOOOVE your hair brown! Lovely. ;) So, I like it like the last pic.

Sara said...

me too!! And I love when your hair is that style and you do it curly, too. Your short hair does curly so nicely(I know, to everyone else...)!! And it does straight nice too because it has the body from the curl. But think prego! What's easier and cuter with a fat face? Just kidding--your face doesn't get fat!
;)

Sara said...

hey-who's that cutie in the tutu?!

Sara said...

prego your hair will grow faster too, though....
Nice if you're trying to grow it out, not so nice if you want to keep it cute short (maintenance).
Hmmmm. Food for thought...
:)
Also disclaimer--Ricci's not pregnant! She just talked about this summer. I wouldn't want to be the start of blog rumors about Ricci...
;)

Katie said...

Haha--I like Sara's disclaimer.

I saw Sara today at the park by chance!

OK, the hair... I think you have a REALLY good face shape for short hair, and short ALWAYS looks cute on you. I love the "right after you had Eli" version. However, I remember your long hair too and how beautiful it was at your wedding. But I think part of my fondness for that look was the natural blond. OK, so I vote short. It just looks great on you.

And that first picture of you (current) looks like your mom! How cool! :)

The Weaver Family said...

grow it out long!!! I am saying this because of my own lack of discipline on the hair! I don't remember your hair long in so long. Keep going 6 more months. I like your hair short too but long is so fun for summer. Does utah get humid?

Ricci said...

Thanks everyone~ The general vote is for short, Katchen is for long, oh and to answer Katch, it is nver humid here, if it's humid everyone loves it because it's normally sooo dry. Anyways, thanks for the input, it was different than I thought but glad I asked! Still a bit undecided...(the whole fat faced prego thing has got me thinking ;))

Katie said...

I have NEVER seen you with a fat face. BUT if it's a concern of yours, you could always do long now and plan on a cute short cut after your next baby. :)

Sara said...

katie--I thought the same thing about Ricci in the first picture! I have never never thought you looked like your mom until that picture!! Too funny--and I was SO kidding about the fat face-you've never gotten a fat face!! But is it easier to do a cute short hairdo with a newborn or pull it back in a pony? That's why I always grow mine out while prego then CHOP it off after the tough first couple months are over!!
Oh by the way Ricci--Emily CHOPPED her hair off speaking of prego hair--like as short as mine!! SO CUTE! She mostly does it curly....

Sheyb said...

Short all the way! ;)