I've decided I love giving things new purpose or life when it comes to home making! I think when I'm done with my house I should go into business or something just so I can keep collecting. Here are pics from this week!
Added a little black to the star for some definition

Just needs hardware then it's done, this is my first "aged" piece and I'm super happy with it

From turq. to red, adds nice pop!

I decided to add a few yellow things to the kitchen, needed something unexpected and the yellow seems to do it! (it's hard to see but the little picture up there was my inspiration, click to enlarge the whole pic)

Found this, in the garden section again, JoAnn's, I was looking for lemons and I found lemonade!!! It's on top of the fridge to bring the yellow across the room.
We'll see what next week brings, but at least I have somethings to keep me busy until I make some friends, ha! wink!
4 comments:
Looking great Ric! Can't wait to move, and start things over in regards to decorating! :) I must admit. I will be "stealing" your street name picture idea! Love that idea!! I need to get back to Cali to finish it up, though! ;)
I have a serious LOVE for antiques. There are many antique shops in Scottsdale and surrounding areas. Can't wait to check 'em out!
I miss decorating my house! Seeing your posts makes me realize that, but now we are working on getting the house de-cluttered and show ready. House goes on the market on TUESDAY!!! :D
i love your red table! What is your secret to the shine & the aged brown? how many layers of paint?
Katch~ Total accident, I bought red semi-gloss paint, which is obnoxious(4-5 coats, uneven finish because it sticks to itself). Then the black is satin, so when I put the black over the red it looked like I really did he reverse, like I sanded the red away. I can't recommend it but the finish product is exactly what I wanted. Good luck, maybe varnish flat red before sanding it away to knock the sheen down, then add the black. WOW long response, sorry!!!
Ricci, it all looks AWESOME! I still absolutely love the wall color.
Post a Comment