My sweet little boy has been taken over by the mine monster and I don't like it at all. Eli started saying mine and nu(no) this past week and it's rather obnoxious. I remember when Miles went through this phase but we had established friendships already and they gave us grace. It's hard to play with new kids and meet new people when you have the seemingly selfish kid who doesn't know how to share. This too shall pass I know, but it frustrating right now. I find myself having to be referee all the time and Eli cries and throws a little fit every time something doesn't go his way! Pray for me that I would have grace and diligent perseverance to teach my kids in the way they should go. I want my kids to learn life lessons early so the have the best chance at being healthy adults, but that means lots of sacrifices on my part now! Yikes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ugh!!! Eli doesn't give up easily, either!! Any mom with kids even remotely close to yours' ages will totally understand!! So don't be hard on yourself-especially meeting new people-at least it's a conversation starter! (grin!)
is that your backyard? Are they finished landscaping it? Pics please!! :)
I remember this with Angelina!! I am sure that Zoe will be going through this phase soon, but it has yet to show it's not so pretty face. :) She already has a mean streak as it is, I can't imagine adding MINE MINE MINE to the mix. Eeek! We are working on breaking her of this not so wonderful behavior. I totally know what you are going through, though, and you can count on me to pray for you during this time!! I am sure that it will be short lived. I agree with Sara & Brian as well. Moms should know what you're going through, and know that Eli isn't a mean kid!!! This too shall pass. ;)
xoxo
No, it's not my yard, it's Sam and James'! Our grass is in but nothing else, oh and our grass looks dead because it's still dormant. I'll take pics when it's done and alive!!!
Post a Comment