Got the space above the kitchen cabinets done
Hung that picture above my bench in the entry
Joe left with the kiddos on Sat. for 2 hours so I could clean. When he got back I told him I don't ever need larger than 2000 sq. feet unless we can afford to hire someone to clean it. All I got done was sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning the bathrooms. The space works well for us but having 1000 sq feet of linoleum is rather daunting to keep clean, I'll get used to it I'm sure but no bigger please! It'll be better once we have wood floors and a few rugs but for now I'll just deal with scuff marks everywhere and every crumb being visible to anyone who looks down, I have 2 kids as my excuse I guess!!!
** Next comes paint, I've decided on the colors just not where each color is going...
5 comments:
Loving all the projects! :) I love that entry bench! I am really hoping that I can put in an entry bench in our house in Arizona! haha. "Have fun" painting. You know why I said that. LOL. How big is your house? 2000 sq. ft? Sounds big enough to me! :) Our house is 2400 sq. ft. not including the 3rd story. So it's about 3000 sq. ft. when you include it. It's a PAIN to clean! LOTS of hardwoods, and trust me. Hard woods show lots of crumbs too. ;) Just don't get bamboo. I think I have said that before. LOL. My parents got Bamboo flooring and regretted it every day while they lived in California. It dents VERY easily.
Love the project updates! I bet yours are a lot more fun than mine! wink wink.
By the way... I read a blog called "Dooce". The woman that writes it lives in Utah. Near Salt Lake. She always talks about this store called, "The Green Ant" and she gets some great things there! Thought I would pass this info on, because supposedly "you haven't lived if you live in Utah and have never been there". LOL. That's what she says anyway. Here is the link:
http://thegreenant.com/
I LOVE everything, especially the curtain. Is the fabric black and white or navy and white? I'm thinking b&w since you are famous for not loving blue. :)
Thanks Shea~ I'll check it out for sure! You know, 'cause I want to say I've *lived*! Katie~ It's black and off white, you're right about the blue thing, it's just not me unless it's got a touch of green!
above your kitchen cabinets looks great--It's nice that it's a tall area--mine's short enough I can't really put different size things up there, so it ends up just looking like a line of vases or whatever. The rocker looks good, too!! You've been a busy little lady! It's inspiring--I am going to paint our downstairs bathroom finally hopefully this weekend. I love seeing everybody else's projects--it makes me look around the house and see what I can do, too!!
Post a Comment