09 April 2008
One thing I'm *learning* to love
So since we've moved to Ut a lot of things have been adjustments. For the most part though, it is a good adjustment. I would say the number one thing that is different for me here is TIME. In Ca my life was busy, very busy, not so sure why either, it just was. Here I can wake up and hangout with my boys, get ready for the day, run an errand, play at the park, but all at my own pace. It's great and I've really started appreciating my days home and I used to HATE to be home all day. I guess it took being isolated for me to learn to like being alone, strange as it sounds. I have new friends that want to hangout with me and that's fine too but I find myself looking forward to the days where I have nothing going on, it's surprising. I still really enjoy MOPS and BBS and meeting new people and playdates but I think it just gets exhausting when everything is new and takes effort, home becomes a sanctuary where you can just hangout, I love it. So that's what new in my world, contentment at home, praise the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen!! :) I LOVE hanging at home a lot too. There are times when I NEED to get out, but most of the time, my home is my sanctuary too! I was really busy in California too.... but not so much here. :)
Oddly enough, I've been "learning" the same thing since you've been gone!! It also might be age--Averie loves to color and do crafts and play outside in the backyard (picnics with balls--why she doesn't use dolls I have no idea--the balls each get their own chair and they eat rocks and grass-Ha!) so being at home is nicer. There are days I need to get out, but I LOVE Mondays now, just a day to be at home and catch up from the weekend and be in grubbies and plan the week! We rarely leave home on Mondays! And I am able to do more than one errand at a time now since Averie is not napping, so I can get most done in one day. And it's kinda nice to not have to talk to anyone, sometimes it's such effort since my "easy" friend left!!
:( but learning to be :)
Post a Comment